Saturday, April 17, 2010

simply bliss

I have been thinking a lot lately about What I would really like to be more like and what I can do to get there. Even though I feel it will be much easier to do this in a few weeks after I am done with school. I still am coming up with a game plan now. Tonight when I got home from work I did my usual wondering on facebook for a little and then realized I hadn't check up on blogs lately so that is what I did, I read some great things, saw very cute pictures of people I love. Then I looked at one particular blog and thought to my self this beautiful girl who is two year's younger then I am and probably has no idea I even look at her blog or even looks up to her. She wrote about some worries she had in her life and how wonderful of a friend she has who just wrote a whole blog about her. At the end of This girl's post about her friend she put this quota that she believes describes this girl. It goes something like this.
"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
If I had someone post this about me ever in my life time I would be a happy and very grateful person in deed. So not only am I going to work on becoming this type of person this summer but I will strive to be someone like this forever and that will always be simply bliss in my eyes.

1 comment:

Haleigh and Gavin said...

Hi Anna,
I just found your blog and I like it! The picture of the temple at the top is lovely. You write well and I like what you have to say. Keep it up! Hope all is well,
Haleigh (Heaps) Burgon