Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Healing Power of God's Love

In a way I've know my weaknesses sense a very young age. I have just choose to take what comes of it as the easy way out, a lot. Some of my guilty pleasures include pretty much any nicholas sparks movie, chocolate of any kind and a lot of it. I also love to bake, mostly sweets so you could say that this is a weakness as well, for me though I love doing it for others and that has been known as an act of service. I really believe in good and in doing good as well. I dream and imagine of what great deeds I can do everyday but then somehow they just become thoughts and it ends up making me sad because I don't act on those thoughts sometimes. I work hard and I do things that I feel are most important in my life because they help me feel peace and comfort when I am in need of it most. as I was serving my mission in alabama, I felt completely at peace with what I was doing because I knew it was good and was what would make me feel real happiness. I think i have tried to feel that happiness for quite some time now.  We are all on our own unique journey in this crazy life. So why do I fall into the trap of doing things and saying things sometimes when I don't feel they are actually worth my time?
    I know I am my own worst critic in life because I'm the only one who makes those decisions and those choices for me. I had an experience while in Alabama that changed my determination in this life and wish it was still as strong of a feeling in my heart as it was then. I had the privilege to have the most understanding mission president ever. He was genuinely concerned about each one of us and would do everything possible to help each one of us know the power of our choices. He along with my family during this time of my life changed my view on creating the life I know I am ment to live. God Is Good, Always and Forever. I am reminded about this beautiful gift each and every time I am at the temple, Because the house of the lord is a place of true beauty and a house of peace and love. This is why I am eternally grateful for my saviors houses on this earth and the ability to be challenged to always feel that beauty that he has intended for me to feel in this life.
   I am a beautiful daughter of god. Because I feel that truth each day of the life god has blessed me with. I know that he blesses me in my weaknesses and in my trials which happen to be a whole lot of food and doubt creeping into my life at this particular time. So how do I change it. I have learned that doubt and fear are the direct result of satan and his power of creeping into our lives. Misery really does love company and the way to get rid of this is to feel my life with truth and virtuous thoughts and actions. I am striving to find more truth each day of my life and for the most part I know that is what has kept me going in this life. Its been the true love of god shining light when I didn't feel like I had any left.
   I started working out early again this morning with my good friend and it honestly was an awesome feeling. I also attended the beautiful temple tonight and I know that it was exactly what I needed. Now I will go and spend my weekend feeling excited to have each blessing that I have been given in my life. It comes in just an instant and can change the way you think about everything. No matter how hard something seems to be in the moment I truly believe that I can come out of the feeling of despair because god loves me and I just need to believe and act on that belief until I come to know the blessings of it all. I am embarking on a slow and steady change within myself this coming year and I am grateful for the opportunity to do so with the lord by my side. I know he is there and is my ultimate cheerleader and my confidant, he is my best friend and who I turn too everyday to tell everything I am feeling and everything that I need to improve upon in my life.
        I am on a journey that will be the most challenging one to date in my life because I have never taken the time to do so yet, but I also know that with the lord by my side that I will always find happiness as I seek truth and real happiness in my life. Thank you all for being examples of this and for helping me along the journey.








 
   

     

No comments: