Thursday, July 3, 2014

Till We Meet Again, Daddy

Today's post is going to be a bit sentimental for me because right now in my life its just a sentimental time. As some of you may or may not know. My father past away of a heart attack 6 years ago on the 4th of July. I always found that a bit strange that it ended up being quite the surprise for me and my family. This particular event happened on a day that my dad cherished himself, quite a bit.
     If there is one thing that I know about my dad, through and through. It was that he loved this country!!! Enough that he served several years of his life in the Army and then served a full time mission for Jesus Christ for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After serving both faithfully, He found my mom and they were married in the St. George Temple for time and all eternity.
      As a result of challenges my dad grew up with in his life and memories that I'll never know or understand completely. I had to come to terms for my self that he would be the only person to know and understand him and I needed to find this and feel the same confidence within myself now, more than ever.
     My dad would not want me to feel the same struggles and depression that I know he had at different points in his life. He wants me to find happiness and experience the joys of this life that have came from our brother, Jesus Christ's unwavering love and ultimate gift to each of us to always find joy within our obstacles that are also inevitable in this mortal life of ours.
        I Love my Father in Heaven, I also love that he loves me enough to have sent me the best dad I could have had for this mortal life. Somedays, I do ask why he took him away from me at such a young age in my life. However, I always find tender mercies in the journey that I am on now. I know each of us will live and die someday. I know we all will make mistakes in this mortal life of ours and we will go through trials that sometimes we may not understand when we are going through them, I do feel though that god is with us every day and every step of the way.
         Jesus Christ has given us family's here on this earth. They may not be who or what we expect them to be but he has his plan for each of us to bring us each as much Joy as he has and I know that this family of mine would do anything for me as long as I just find the courage to ask. This is the same feeling I have about prayer to Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven every day that I am here. They are our family and they want us to ask them for the things we come to learn are most cherished and most valuable to us in our lives.
            The greatest gift I have ever been given on this earth is the knowledge that families can be forever and this includes Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. He really gives us all the tools we need to obtain this blessing and we are simply asked to follow him through living his commandments. You can take that however you want to because that is your agency to do so. For me though, he has given us the truth through his word and I can feel the blessings this freedom that I have in my life currently and through the sacrifice of my father on earth made in his service in the army but also by living the way I feel uplifted most each day.
           I really believe that because of the agency god has given to each of us that we can have as much happiness as there possibly is. As we make choices, good or bad, wrong or right, we will find the pain or blessings that each choice gives us and lead us to obtain in our lives. He Loves me and He loves each one of his children more than each of us can honestly comprehend. Why You may ask. Because he went through every heartbreak, each physical imperfection we have thoughts about or experience in this life and he did it while he lived his life Sooo perfectly so we could have that joy and have the example that we each need to find joy in our journey.
           I know I'm going all out in this one but its because I have felt the love and the heartache that these truly hard but always simply amazing moments can bring into my own life. I would never want anyone to loose their father like I did but I also know that on July 4th 2008 that Heaven got one of the the best and he is in a better place now where he can learn and grow more the way he needs too. Until we meet again in person dad. I love you and am truly grateful for all the sacrifices you made for me and our family here on this earth so I can have the chance to be me. As I think of the last day I got to spend with you on this earth 6 years ago today, I think of the truly amazing blessings you gave to me in my life and will continue to stay with me always. Here is a song that reminds me of the love you brought into my life dad. I love you!!!!
      
         


   
 

No comments: