Monday, January 19, 2015

MLK Day

    It started on the first day I remembered getting the day off school in elementary school, I distinctly remember asking my teacher on friday afternoon, why we all didn't have school on monday and she took the opportunity to tell us about martin luther king jr and how he stood up for freedom! 
   As I was watching the new movie that just came out about Martin Luther King Jr called Selma I knew how 
much I wanted to see this movie and as I was watching it with my good friend the other day I couldn't help 
but notice how wise he was portrayed in this movie! He taught with conviction and power that was so kind 
and understanding of the freedoms that we all should have in our lives and he did it without retaliation towards 
any of the individuals who did commit any of the horrible crimes of hate and murderings of all those who stood 
up for the freedoms that everyone else was given! 
    I am and will be forever grateful for the blessings that Martin Luther King Jr stood up for and the people 
who I have been able to learn from and love when he lead the civil rights movement with love and wisdom and 
true leadership! He is an amazing human being who helped change the course of history for the better. 
   I am grateful for the blessing of coming to know the good people of Alabama and serve in montgomery where 
so many of the civil rights movements took place and know that although we have so much more to improve in
bringing about the freedoms that we all are searching for in each of our lives I am grateful for the amazing and 
Beautiful people I have had the privilege to meet and learn from their experiences in the civil rights movement
 I hope y'all have had a wonderful day and are enjoying the freedoms that we all have in our lives each day! 




















   

No comments: